Features and benefits
* Natural source of omega 3 and 6.
* Important for reducing inflammation.
* Important for structure and function of cell membranes.
* Important for maintenance of general health and wellbeing.
* Important for skin and hair growth.
* Additional information
Evening primrose oil (EPO) is a source of the omega-6 fatty acids gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) and linoleic acid (LA). Fish oil is a source of the omega-3 essential fatty acids, EPA and DHA.
Essential fatty acids are incorporated into every cell membrane in the body, in the form of compounds called phospholipids. Cell membranes play the vital role of regulating what goes into, and what comes out of, each cell. The integrity and fluidity of the cell membrane is determined by the type of phospholipid that is available for the body to use. Cell membranes made up mainly of phospholipids derived from the essential polyunsaturated fatty acids are more fluid and function better than cell membranes made up of saturated fat or trans fatty acids. A cell membrane working at optimal levels retains vital nutrients and electrolytes, has the ability to communicate with other cells and is responsive to hormones.
Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and substances made from them, are components of nerve cells and substances known as prostaglandins and leukotrienes. Prostaglandins and leukotrienes are important in immune function, smooth muscle function, platelet aggregation and inflammation. These fatty acids have an anti-inflammatory action because prostaglandins and leukotrienes derived from them have less inflammatory activity than prostaglandins and leukotrienes derived from other types of fatty acids.
Fish oil inhibits triglyceride synthesis in the liver and so helps to lower fats (triglycerides) in blood, therefore supporting a healthy cardiovascular system.
1. All prices are excluding GST.
2. Use only as directed by the physician. Incorrect use could be harmful. If symptoms persist,please consult your doctor/healthcare professional. Your healthcare professional will advise you whether this product is suitable for your condition. Don't use this product for children without doctor's advice.