Bitter-tasting herbs were once an important part of Native American, European and Chinese diets. Medicines made from bitter herbs, such as Swedish Bitters, are used as digestives and are beneficial for the intestinal tract. Swedish Bitters is named after the 18th century Swedish physician Dr Samst and for its bitter taste. Today it is one of the world’s most respected, traditionally-used health tonics. Hilde Hemmes Swedish Bitters can be taken as a tonic to stimulate digestion, appetite, bile flow – and maintain healthy digestive function.
Directions: Oral use: take 10 to 20 mL of Swedish Bitters in 100 mL of water/juice/herb tea 30 minutes before meals to relieve indigestion symptoms such as heartburn, abdominal discomfort and flatulence (ideal after a rich heavy meal).
Each 20 mL dose contains tinctures equivalent to dried:
* Aloe (Aloe ferox) leaf inner juice 133.34 mg
* Senna (Cassia angustifolia) leaf 133.34 mg
* Rhubarb (Rheum officinale) root & rhizome 133.34 mg
* Myrrh (Commiphora molmol) stem bark oleoresin 85.72 mg
* Zedoary (Curcuma zedoaria) rhizome 152.38 mg
* Manna ash (Fraxinus ornus) stem bark oleoresin 133.34 mg
* Carline thistle (Carlina acaulis) root 66.66 mg
* Angelica* (Angelica archangelic) root and rhizome 152.38 mg
* Black cohosh* (Cimicifuga racemosa) root & rhizome 19.06 mg
* Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) root & rhiz & stolon 19.06 mg
* Cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) stem bark inner 19.06mg
* Cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum) fruit 19.06 mg
* Saffron (Crocus sativus) stigma & style 2.66 mg
* non-active ingredient Camphor 133.34 mg
* Contains alcohol 40% V
Use only as directed. If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare practitioner. Not recommended for children under 12 or in case of gastric/duodenal ulcers.
Laxative warnings – please note that prolonged use of laxatives may cause serious bowel problems (drink plenty of water). Do not use when abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting are present, or it you develop diarrhoea. If you are pregnant of breast-feeding, consult your doctor before use.
1. All prices are excluding GST.
2. Use only as directed by the physician. Incorrect use could be harmful. If symptoms persist,please consult your doctor/healthcare professional. Your healthcare professional will advise you whether this product is suitable for your condition. Don't use this product for children without doctor's advice.